With direct report to our Head of Component Test you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility for the data acquisition set up for all tests and test rigs for components such as the wing, the flap, the engine, but also software simulation test beds.
You will manage the data acquisition team and the complete process of instrumentation requirements breakdown & concept development, through measurement software programming, commissioning of the data acquisition set up & data recording by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. With many interfaces to the engineering teams like Mechanical Systems, Propulsion and Avionics, your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to achieve effective and creative test approaches.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Leading the data acquisition team and guiding all test engineering teams with regards to data acquisition
- Focal for all aircraft component test rig instrumentation & data acquisition activities
- Identification of instrumentation requirements in relation to aircraft, system and sub-system specifications
- Holistic and agile data acquisition system & measurement infrastructure development, including concept, design and documentation
- Pragmatic evaluation of test measurement concepts with idealization of physical effects and first principles reasoning approach
- Supporting test execution & problem solving
- Project planning with interfacing the internal Test team but also Purchasing and Safety/Quality
- Ad-hoc & hands-on test execution to support our fast-paced development activities
- Degree in mechanical-, mechatronic-, electrical-, aerospace engineering, physics (Ph.D./ M. Sc.)
- 5+ years of professional experience (industry or academic)
- Experience in test & test rig instrumentation, test execution & data processing
- Profound knowledge with data acquisition
- Profound knowledge in software programming for DAQ and controller (i.e. labview, matlab, or similar)
- Profound knowledge in selecting instrumentation, amplifiers etc.
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to lead a team
- Target-oriented workstyle with aim for continuous improvement
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs