In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to perform noise measurements of our propulsion system as well as full aircraft to help the design iteration and development process. You will report directly to the head of the propulsion team and support the aero-acoustic calculations and system engineering activities from measurement in laboratory as well as free space environment. You will have end to end responsibility over acoustic test measurements to facilitate the liaison between calculation and system engineering, validating the predictions/process and come up with new ideas from component level to have the low noise systems.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Take the leading role for Measurement of turbomachinery and subsystems noise in laboratory and free field environment
- Analyze and assess the experimental data and formulate the conclusions based upon analytical reasoning supported by measurements
- Actively help shape the growth processes within the department
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- Establish and refine acoustic test procedures and analysis tools
- Degree in mechanical/ aerospace engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar is desired
- 5+ years of experience in turbomachineryrig measurements at industrial or university environment
- Experience with duct mode detection, hot wire measurement and beamforming is useful.
- High level of experience with measuring hardware and data acquisition, including programming (Labview, Siemens etc.)
- Experience with microphones, pressure transducers, optical measurement technologies
- Experience with fan / turbine test rigs, anechoic chambers and wind tunnel measurements.
- Design of experiments & knowledge of relevant standards
- Analytical skills to interpret the results
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential.
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs