A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Component Test and work closely with our Component Test team.
The Component Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility for the management of all kind of tests and test rigs regarding components such as the wing, the flap and the landing gear, but also systems like the engine and the whole aircraft. You will manage the complete process from requirements clarification, concept development with test & design engineers, through gated review checks for delivery, assembly, commissioning and test readiness. Whilst this process you will always keep the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. With many interfaces to the teams like Engineering Systems, Production, Purchase and external Suppliers, your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to achieve effective test execution.
Your Day to Day:
- Understand Lilium internal engineering team requirements for component, system and whole aircraft tests
- Understand associated internal and external supply chain contributions
- Programme manage the internal and external sources for design / make of the test rig and instrumentation
- Programme manage the test execution and all its related interfaces
- Manage the test in conjunction with the test facility – providing on-site support as required
- Manage control accounts and reporting on test project performance
- Ensure excellent communication at all time and at all levels
- Mechanical Engineering or Business degree or comparable and relevant experience in the aerospace industry
- Proven technical capability and demonstrated competency in test environment
- Strong proven Project Management skills and knowledge of Project Management tools
- Project Management certificates would be beneficial (i.e. IPMA, GMA, MBA)
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- Excellent communication skills and strong team spirit
- Very good written and spoken English and good German language skills
Life at Lilium
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.