With direct report to our Head of Component Test you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility for the management of all kind of tests and test rigs regarding components such as the wing, the flap and the landing gear, but also systems like the engine and the whole aircraft.
You will manage the complete process from requirements clarification, concept development with test & design engineers, through gated review checks for delivery, assembly, commissioning and test readiness. Whilst this process you will always keep the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. With many interfaces to the teams like Engineering Systems, Production, Purchase and external Suppliers, your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to achieve effective test execution.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Understand Lilium internal engineering team requirements for component, system and whole aircraft tests
- Understand associated internal and external supply chain contributions
- Programme manage the internal and external sources for design / make of the test rig and instrumentation
- Programme manage the test execution and all its related interfaces
- Manage the test in conjunction with the test facility – providing on-site support as required
- Manage control accounts and reporting on test project performance
- Ensure excellent communication at all time and at all levels
- Mechanical Engineering or Business degree or comparable and relevant experience in the aerospace industry
- Proven technical capability and demonstrated competency in test environment
- Strong proven Project Management skills and knowledge of Project Management tools
- Project Management certificates would be beneficial (i.e. IPMA, GMA, MBA)
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- Excellent communication skills and strong team spirit
- Very good written and spoken English and good German language skills
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs