A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Airworthiness and work closely with our Office of Airworthiness.
Our Airworthiness Team plays a critical role in bringing our vision to life. We act as the key interface between Lilium and the relevant authorities who are responsible for the safety and certification of the Lilium Jet. As well as helping to shape the regulatory environment that our aircraft will be certified in, we also support our in-house design teams to ensure our aircraft will meet the required standards for certification.
As the Deputy Head of Airworthiness, you will perform certification tasks to secure EASA and other Competent Authority airworthiness approvals for Lilium products.
Your Day to Day:
- Deputising for the Head of Airworthiness as required
- Management of Airworthiness matters and Certification Programmes as required
- Oversight or generation of certification plans in support of Lilium product and type design certification with the Airworthiness Authorities
- Representing the company at industry meetings, working groups, conferences and committees.
- Management reporting on performance and progress of certification tasks.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the Design Organisation Handbook procedures.
- Prepare for EASA DOA Surveillance and ISM Audits and complete resulting actions as necessary.
- Interpreting airworthiness requirements and advising the various departments in all matters related to airworthiness and certification
- Experience in working with EASA Part-21 or similar regulations
- Ability to contribute positively to company objectives
- Literate in Office software and documentation control systems
- Previous experience in the creation of certification procedures in line with regulatory requirements or Engineering Quality standards
- Prepared to work hours to suit certification projects and activities as required
- Ability to support occasional national and international travel at short notice
- Confident in delivering technical information in presentations
- Proven experience in leading, mentoring and motivating small teams in a design office environment
- Sound project management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Experience of working directly with customers internally and externally at a senior level
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle withanalytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.