A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Simulator Development Engineer to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Our Modelling and Simulation team is at the cutting edge of aircraft model development, bringing our Lilium Jet model to life in a virtual, simulated world powered by state-of-the-art technology. We work with teams across Lilium, from Test Pilots to Chief Engineers, to understand and model how the aircraft of tomorrow will perform.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of simulator development in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the development of the engineering simulators that will be used throughout the organisation to support aircraft development, test and acceptance processes. In addition to your technical responsibilities you will be able to build, guide and lead a team of simulator software and hardware engineers to assist you in the execution of this goal.
You will be encouraged to make use of existing and emerging techniques/technologies and will work closely with the complete autonomous systems team to develop a state of the art, integrated, simulation and test facility with SiL, MiL and HiL capability.
Your Day to Day:
- Provide technical leadership and supervision for current and future engineering simulator asset development at Lilium
- Responsibility for the definition of the engineering simulator architecture
- Management of your team including planning, estimation and commitment of tasks and projects
- Co-ordination and management of engineering suppliers
- Contribute to the establishment and development of structures and processes within the department
- Collaborate closely with other departments and stakeholders to capture all necessary simulator use cases
- Management of the system engineering lifecycle for the simulator
- MEng. in Aeronautical/Electrical Engineering or similar degree
- At least 5 years of experience working on engineering simulator / synthetic environment projects with a deep understanding of the hardware and software architecture necessary to build a scalable simulator environment
- Good skills in engineering project management and team coordination
- Experience of Pilot-in-the-loop simulation and human perception of the simulated cueing environment is a strong plus
- Proficiency with industry standard programming languages is a plus
- Proficiency in Subversion, Matlab, Simulink, Simulink Coder and Simulink Real-Time is a plus
- Experience in Simulator qualification is a plus
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.