We are looking for an outstanding Systems Engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position you will report directly to our Head of Electronic Systems and will be contributing to the electric and electronic systems architecture of the Lilium Jet. You will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to safety standards.
The Electronic Systems department is accountable for engine and actuation control, pilot interfaces and display system, auxiliary systems to telemetry, power management systems, ground control and accompanying electronic systems.
Your Day to Day:
- Work with the entire systems team on the architecture of the Lilium Jet
- Take ownership of your system(s) and manage its whole design & certification activity
- Develop, challenge and continuously improve systems and technical concepts
- Ensure, that your system fulfils functional and safety requirements
- Define requirements for subsystems and components
- Work together with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions
- Work across the business to continuously improve best practice
- BSc./M.Eng. or PhD in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related engineering field
- 3 of 5 years of experience in a similar position is necessary
- Hands-on experience with system architecture development, electronic design and software development
- Familiarity with operating ARP4754 or similar system design principals & processes
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Experience with electronic hardware and software development process according to DO-254, DO-160 & DO-178 or other similar non-aerospace standards
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs