A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Industrial Management & Production Systems and work closely with our Industrial Management team.
The Industrial Management team is a strategy and project-based department within the Production & Procurement division. It is responsible for the design of our production system. This includes industrial engineering, digital production system, and cost engineering, as well as the programme management for our production setup.
This role will be part of the “Industrial Management & Production Planning” department, which includes Industrial system design and implementation of domestic manufacturing and supply chain, the production planning & simulation as well as the management of new factory implementation & ramp up. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organisation aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for target costing, driving cost/weight trade-off studies for product & production, and should costing for procurement organisation.
- Develop transparent cost models for components on the Lilium Jet. Technological focus on: Electronics production (PCBs, Onboard Electronics, Control Systems) and Electrics (Electric Motors, Actuators, Sensors) etc.
- Work closely with Design, Procurement, Production, and Strategy providing the basis for key decision making
- Derivation, analysis and optimization of the full product value stream
- Define cost targets across the entire value stream and support the production and strategic supply chain setup
- Work with key suppliers and partners as part of the scoping and tendering process
- Drive design to cost initiatives and monitor development against cost targets
- Support development and setting of company-wide standards for cost and value engineering
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Engineering Management/ degree or comparable
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- At least 3 years of work experience in cost engineering, strategic procurement, or consulting
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes for electric and electronic components
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel. Experience working with ERP tools and CAD Costing tools is a plus
- Background in automotive, electronics, or comparable manufacturing fields
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company
- Fluent in English
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.