We are looking for an outstanding thermal systems calculation engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work with the growing Multiphysics Department. You will report to the Multiphysics Team Leader and work closely with the Head of Calculation.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Take the leading role for aero-thermal simulations of various thermal systems of the Lilium jet
- Hold the main responsibility for high fidelity CHT and thermal runway simulations and assist on design decision making
- Develop and implement an automated simulation pipeline
- Work closely with system engineering to establish and run an efficient simulation-driven design and optimization process
- Provide detailed reports for certification purposes
- Actively support shaping processes of the department
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Sc. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field required
- Min 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a similar position is mandatory
- Excellent skills in state of the art CFD, heat transfer modeling and optimization techniques are mandatory
- Strong background in fluid dynamics, heat transfer mechanisms and thermal design principles
- Working experience with StarCCM+ and Python is a strong plus
- Clear communicator and team player
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous, target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle withanalytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs