A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
Reporting to the Head of Quality - Production and Repair - Munich, you will implement the quality conformance management team to Lilium’s Production Organisation, manage quality conformance, quality escapes, employee authorization/certification and support to internal and external audits (EASA, FAA etc) to obtain and maintain the company approvals and certifications (EASA Part 21.G, FAA 14CFR Part 21.G, EN9100).
Our PO Quality Team taking care on Production Organisation and Repair activities is responsible for a wide range of tasks related to gain and maintain our Production Organisation Approval from the relevant regulatory bodies. As well as engaging with those bodies and supporting audits, our day-to-day work consists of managing quality conformance, quality escapes and inspection and certification activities within the Lilium production and flight test facilities. We also take care on employee authorisation and certification within Part 21G activities.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the Quality Conformance Management Team with up to 10 employees under quality, time and cost perspective in an most efficient way and manage make or buy within quality.
- Liaise with different areas of the company to maintain processes quality and conformance into a Lilium Quality System for production organization approval.
- Work in close cooperation with our quality and production teams in day to day business and close interface with supply chain quality and our training organization.
- Carry out regular quality reviews for continues improvement using different lean methods and visual management including efficient feedback loops.
- Support implementation of APQP, PFMEA and SPC with our quality process management team into the lilium production system.
- Contribute to CP (Control Plan) development and implementation into Lilium production process.
- Manage root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions plan against non-conformances raised in audits or during production and eradicate recurrent concession.
- Prepare and maintain the internal audits program and conduct internal audits in accordance with EASA Part 21.G and 14CFR Part 21.G regulations, and EN9100 standard for Production Organisations.
- Development and control our Production & Quality Staff authorization/certification Process.
- Support and mentor other team members in topics concerning Quality and Aviation Regulations for Production.
- Engineering Degree in Aerospace or related field.
- Leadership experience in managing Teams required.
- Min of 5 years of experience in the implementation and surveillance of an aviation Quality System.
- Knowledge on the process and requirements to obtain a Production Organisation Approval.
- Must be proactive, good communicator and able to gain credibility across all levels of the organisation.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA and SPC desired.
- Have Green Belt accreditation and experience with problem solving tools and their application, such as 8D, 7-steps, Ishikawa diagram, 5-Whys, and Lean/Six Sigma.
- Fact-driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success without ego.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously.
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.