A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Industrial Management & Production Systems and work closely with our Industrial Management team.
The Industrial Management team is a strategy and project-based department within the Production & Procurement division. It is responsible for the design of our production system. This includes industrial engineering, digital production system, and cost engineering, as well as the programme management for our production setup.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production. As a Digital Engineer for the Production Systems ICT, you will be involved in designing, implementing and developing the production ICT landscape. You will have to opportunity to be part of pioneering the development of a digital and networked factory including the systems (ERP, SCADA, MES, SFM, SQL-Server etc.) and necessary infrastructure.
Your Day to Day:
- Design and implementation of the production ICT system including the specification provision of 4.0, MES, SCADA, robotics, and predictive maintenance solutions for the Lilium Plants
- Sourcing and coordinating work of ICT system suppliers and overseeing their integration and implementation including measures to ensure a stable and robust production environment
- Implementation and supervision of data security assurance measures
- Project management for the implementation of new systems (in coordination with the Production Systems Program Manager) and release changes
- Drive design of system interfaces to create a lean, effective system for supporting the production workforce
- Coordination with Manufacturing Engineering and the production design to create ensure seamless integration into physical workflows
- Specification and development of cross-system interfaces using APIs
- Devise means to reduce production waste and cost, increase reliability and aid continuous improvement through ICT Systems
- Supporting the selection of machinery; robotics suppliers and working with these do ensure seamless integration into the Lilium ICT system
- Collaborate towards ensuring that system complies with regulatory requirements in accordance to the standards set out in EASA 21G and EN 9100
- Business Informatics/Information Management, Industrial/Aeronautical/Mechanical engineering or equivalent degree with excellent grades
- Knowledge of high-volume, automated manufacturing supply chains and/or new digital factory projects is a plus
- Industrial experience or internships working on business information systems
- Outstanding analytical skills with a drive to challenge the status quo
- Independent and self-motivated
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Software/IT Skills: Strong Cross-functional knowledge of ICT systems (both hardware and software). Past experience with industrial ICT (university projects highly appreciated).
- Desirable programming knowledge and experience managing APIs
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.