A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Component Test and work closely with our Component Testing team.
The Component Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will serve as the person of contact for all Battery tests and manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. You will setup and execute tests of small and large scale prototypes and provide valuable input for electrical, thermal and mechanical battery engineers as well as for production.
Your Day to Day:
- Planning and setup of labs and lab equipment
- Design of test benches for testing of electrical, electro-chemical, electro-mechanical
- components, including battery abuse tests
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of tests of battery cells, modules and packs
- as well as electric parts and components according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311 and
- other standards, in-house and with partners
- Support of production planning and end-of-line test setup
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in electrical/power/mechatronics engineering or a related field required
- Strong knowledge of working in electrical labs and good practice of testing
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in working with multi-kW electrical systems
- and voltages above ELV to be qualified as an electrically skilled person (IEC 60050,
- DIN VDE 1000-10)
- Experience in electrical and cell measurement equipment like high power supplies
- and loads, data acquisition systems, battery (cell) test systems
- Experience/training in live working with hazardous voltages is a plus
- Knowledge of battery systems, particularly Li-ion batteries is a plus
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace field is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.