This role will be part of the Aircraft Programme Management team, which is responsible for the management of our aircraft development projects. You will report directly to the Aircraft Programme Manager and work closely with the engineering project leads and their cross-functional teams.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. In this role you will use your experience of managing complex fast-paced projects to help the teams deliver Lilium's projects on time, and draw-upon your knowledge of project management best practice to develop fit-for-purpose processes.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Work closely with the Programme Manager, engineering project leads and cross-functional teams to project manage our aircraft validation related projects (including instrumentation design, testing and aircraft certification)
- Daily project management of the sub-systems to which you are assigned, including coordination of project reviews (eg planning sessions, risk reviews, change control boards, resource and cost management), ensure that project management data and KPIs are effectively maintained, analyse this data to provide insight into the progress of your projects and assist in resolving any issues arising
- Contribute to the creation of a strong Programme Management function by helping to develop project management processes, identifying best practice and ensuring a consistent approach to project management across all projects
- Undergraduate or Master's degree in project management, business administration or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' project management experience (or 10 years' experience in lieu of degree) gained working in complex aerospace development and certification projects (including instrumentation design, component / sub-system / flight testing, certification programmes)
- Preferably hold a PM qualification equivalent to IPMA Level C or higher
- Excellent understanding of techniques for scheduling, risk management, estimation, project communications and budget and resource management
- Demonstrable experience in managing cross-functional teams and ability to work closely with a broad range of stakeholders
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluency in German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs