You will be reporting to the Head of Mechanical Systems while having the complete ownership and end-to-end responsibility over complex aircraft components such as landing gear actuators, brakes and steering.
You will manage the complete life cycle of that electromechanical component from concept development to detailed design and manufacturing, while always keeping the context of your system within the aircraft in mind. This strong focus on the big picture will lead to a close collaboration with other engineering teams with short timescales which will require an efficient, creative and proactive design approach.
The ideal candidate is someone who gets excited building things, is highly analytical, and sees the big picture needed to evolve a concept into a product. This candidate is an engineer with strong experience in electromechanical design, analysis and possesses a comprehensive understanding of aircraft certification requirements such as CS 23 and 27 (ATA 32).
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Project lead & lead engineer for complex aircraft mechatronic components
- Identification and breakdown of high-level requirements to system and component level
- First principles reasoning approach to generating, evaluating, and sense-checking concepts
- Support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing and assembly issues along the way.
- Resource & workload planning and coordination with the CAD, Calculation, and Production team, amongst other teams
- Pragmatic, hands-on evaluation of concepts with tools like rapid prototyping, idealized calculations or representative tests
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Performs other engineers and duties as required
- Relevant university degree (electrical engineer, mechatronics engineer or other relevant degrees)
- 5+ years of experience in systems design for the aerospace or automotive industry
- Experience in an aerospace or automotive manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience with electromechanical components designs with hands on experience
- Experience with design of custom mechatronics systems, including translating stages, linear motors, temperature and power sensors
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs
- Experience developing and working towards system requirements
- Familiarity in working with multiple suppliers and managing deliverables
- Strong 3D CAD experience (NX/Teamcenter preferred)
- Strong Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing abilities and overall good drafting skills
- Strong hand calculation abilities and FEA experience desired
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German is beneficial but not required
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs