As part of the Office of Airworthiness, reporting to the Head of Airworthiness, the Senior Technical Author will be responsible for the development and management of aircraft technical publications.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Reviewing design data and other source material in order to compile Lilium Technical Publications, including but not limited to Aircraft Flight Manual, Flight Crew Checklists, Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins and all related Instructions for continued airworthiness.
- Liaising with the Office of Airworthiness and other members of the Lilium team to ensure all relevant technical instructions are captured, articulated and published to support effective operations of the Lilium products.
- Create electronic documents using word processing and desktop publishing tools
- Oversee, edit written material produced by other Technical Authors, particularly in relation to content organization, style, audience and consistency of format
- Management reporting on the technical publications plan and work package progress
- Ensuring corporate excellence in the printing standard of all technical publications
- Strong understanding of S1000D principles and the S1000D philosophy
- Strong understanding of Simplified Technical English (STE) rules
- Good understanding of Data Module Code structure and Illustration Control Numbering (ICN)
- Good working knowledge of Arbortext Editor
- Basic working knowledge of Teamcenter 10 and HiCo ILS Suite
- Working with dedicated authoring and illustrating guides
- Working with Engineering Drawings, Manufacturing/Production Processes and 3D Models
- A pro-active approach to problem solving and investigation
- Strong communications skills and be able to work as part of an international team
- Experience in working with EASA Part-21 or similar regulations.
- Ability to support occasional national and international travel at short notice.
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working directly with customers internally and externally at a senior level.
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionise the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs