A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Airworthiness and work closely to the Office of Airworthiness.
Our Airworthiness Team plays a critical role in bringing our vision to life. We act as the key interface between Lilium and the relevant authorities who are responsible for the safety and certification of the Lilium Jet. As well as helping to shape the regulatory environment that our aircraft will be certified in, we also support our in-house design teams to ensure our aircraft will meet the required standards for certification.
The Senior Technical Author will be responsible for the development and management of aircraft technical publications.
Your Day to Day:
- Reviewing design data and other source material in order to compile Lilium Technical Publications, including but not limited to Aircraft Flight Manual, Flight Crew Checklists, Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins and all related Instructions for continued airworthiness.
- Liaising with the Office of Airworthiness and other members of the Lilium team to ensure all relevant technical instructions are captured, articulated and published to support effective operations of the Lilium products.
- Create electronic documents using word processing and desktop publishing tools
- Oversee, edit written material produced by other Technical Authors, particularly in relation to content organization, style, audience and consistency of format
- Management reporting on the technical publications plan and work package progress
- Ensuring corporate excellence in the printing standard of all technical publications
- Strong understanding of S1000D principles and the S1000D philosophy
- Strong understanding of Simplified Technical English (STE) rules
- Good understanding of Data Module Code structure and Illustration Control Numbering (ICN)
- Good working knowledge of Arbortext Editor
- Basic working knowledge of Teamcenter 10 and HiCo ILS Suite
- Working with dedicated authoring and illustrating guides
- Working with Engineering Drawings, Manufacturing/Production Processes and 3D Models
- A pro-active approach to problem solving and investigation
- Strong communications skills and be able to work as part of an international team
- Experience in working with EASA Part-21 or similar regulations.
- Ability to support occasional national and international travel at short notice.
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working directly with customers internally and externally at a senior level.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.