A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Aircraft Assembly and work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics, Production Planning & Control and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced manufacturing engineering leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory. The Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering will lead the Manufacturing Engineering team for all systems, their domestic factory set up & operations as well as for the entire supply chain. This role will be responsible for the absolute doable and capable realisation of the product design into manufacturing & production execution.
In this position, you will be part of the extended plant leader team. This leadership role is fundamental in building a new way of high volume production within a few years. The Manufacturing Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet the design requirements and the business targets in accordance to the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
The Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering Aircraft Assembly drives 4 key processes within Lilium from material supply up to component assembly:
(1) Design to manufacture of all aircraft systems and their integration
(2) Product introduction into the supply chain and domestic factories.
(3) Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
(4) Capability acquisition of new technologies, systems and factories.
Your Day to Day
- Plan and allocate Manufacturing Engineering resources to development teams, technology projects, new product introduction and shop floor support
- Recruit, qualify and supervise a team of Manufacturing Engineers for all aircraft systems
- Execute technical production authority for the Lilium plant and it’s entire supply chain
- Lead the Change Request and Non-Conformance process as well as the process capability development for all technical matters
- Lead technical and process improvement projects to secure the quality, delivery and cost targets for all systems
- Lead a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs and modern production system solution for the components concerned
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment of automotive or aircraft's
- Leading several engineers and capable of an extended cross-functional leadership with a “end to end” mind-set
- Implementation experience of a production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up applying modern tools and a network of experts for assembly technologies and processes
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Additional knowledge in Digital Twin Modelling and Simulation Models
- Excellent project management skills to deploy the manufacturing road map and ramp up
- Having the key credentials of a modern manufacturing engineering leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product and business model into the development of a lead in field modern and effective factory
- Excellent analysis capability; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.