We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory.
The Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering will lead the Manufacturing Engineering team for a group of components, their domestic factory set up & operations as well as for the entire supply chain. This role will be responsible for the absolute doable and capable realization of the product design into manufacturing & production testing solutions.
In this position, you will be part of the extended plant leader team for a group of components of our aircraft. This leadership role is fundamental in building a new way of high volume production within a few years.
The Manufacturing Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet the design requirements and the business targets in accordance to the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
The Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering Aircraft Assembly drives 4 key processes within Lilium from material supply up to component assembly:
(1) Capability acquisition of new technologies, systems and factories.
(2) Product introduction into the supply chain and domestic factories.
(3) Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
(4) Specification & provision of Lean/4.0/SCADA/robotic solutions for a Lilium plant
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day
- Plan and allocate Manufacturing Engineering resources to technology projects, new product introduction and shop floor support
- Recruit, qualify and supervise a team of Manufacturing Engineers for a group of components
- Execute technical production authority for the Lilium plant and it’s entire supply chain
- Lead the Non-Conformance process and process capability development for all technical matters
- Lead technical and process improvement projects to secure the quality, delivery and cost targets for a group of components
- Lead a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs and modern production system solution for the components concerned
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Must be an appreciated expert in Aircraft or Automotive Assembly
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment of automotive or aircraft's
- Leading more than 20 engineers and capable of an extended cross-functional leadership with a “end to end” mind-set.
- Experience in “end to end” responsibility for implementing a production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up applying modern tools and a network of experts for assembly technologies and processes
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership with a high response & real-time work behavior
- Specific requirements
- Software/IT skills: ERP, Digital Twin modelling, Simulation models
- Excellent project management skills to deploy the manufacturing road map
- Having the key credentials of a modern production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product and business model into the development of a lead in field modern and effective factory
- Excellent analysis capability; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs