In this position you will report directly to our Head of Propulsion and you will play a major role in validating our proprietary ducted fan engines for a manned aircraft from prototype till serial production.
We are seeking a flexible an open personality to join our development team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Your Day to Day:
- Define with the experts what components / systems tests need to be performed, along with the expected outcome
- Define the test plan, in cooperation with the experts and the test engineers
- Organize the supply and assembly activities of the components / systems to be tested
- Coordinate and plan the test sessions and equipment with the testing team
- Supervise the tests
- Organize the post-test parts controls (destructive or non-destructive)
- Post-process the test and controls results, and give a proper technical feedback and analysis to each expert
- Coordinate and participate to the creation of the justification documents required for the engine certification
- Contributes to improving the standards of testing, including safety, repeatability, accuracy, interpretation, etc.
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering desired
- 5 years of experience in similar positions with extraordinary track record is essential
- Deep understanding of the working principles and damage modes, of at least 2 out of the following systems : electric machine, rotating mechanical assembly, fan, power electronics.
- Good knowledge of aeronautical certification processes is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are desired, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs