A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the the VP of Corporate Development and be based in Munich or London as member of our Corporate Development team.
Our Corporate Development team is small but mighty. We're non-hierarchical, very dynamic and we believe in empowering you to lead projects of your own. All the roles in this team are demanding and high-paced, so you'll need to be used to working under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help shape the future of one of the fastest and most exciting companies in the world during the growth stage of its development. As part of the Corporate Development team, your mission is to work with senior management, the board of directors, and other key stakeholders such as start-ups, corporates, governments, and regulators to steer the company strategy, fundraising, and strategic partnerships globally.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work across a variety of strategic and operational challenges, as well as to develop strong relationships with some of the global leaders in the technology, finance, and mobility industries. Given the scope and exposure of the role, the position offers a very special professional growth opportunity within the Corporate Development team, but also across the company longer-term.
You will join a small, non-hierarchical, very dynamic, and international team and will be empowered to lead cross functional teams to get results.
This is a very demanding and high-paced role, so the candidate will be ready to work under pressure and within aggressive deadlines. The candidate must also be flexible to travel internationally frequently.
The successful candidate will bring strong leadership skills, outstanding analytical capabilities, great business judgment, excellent communications skills, and a genuine entrepreneurial attitude.
Excited to join our team? Please apply through our website including a CV and a short letter of motivation.
Your Day to Day:
- Take ownership for finding the most effective solutions to strategic issues across the company
- Work across functions to align strategy and teams
- Work with board of directors on most pressing issues
- Monitor competitors and help company stay ahead
- Provide a sounding board to senior management and challenge status quo
- Share best practices and suggest improvements to company processes
- Develop in-depth quantitative analysis and modelling
- Fundraising & Investor relations
- Build pipeline and manage relationships/reporting with Tier 1 investors globally
- Prepare board materials and follow-up
- Prepare company business plans
- Prepare investment and diligence materials
- Help with negotiations during fundraising rounds
- Develop and execute partnership strategy, i.e., lead screening, presentations, workshops, negotiations, and project management of partners
- Work closely with other functions (e.g., public affairs, infrastructure, airline operations, engineering, manufacturing, etc) to get results
- Help other functions screen and negotiate with potential commercial or technical partners
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- MBA from a top 10 business school a strong plus
- Extensive professional experience with a solid career progression
- Proven professional experience in a very analytical/strategic/financial role in a Tier 1 firm (e.g., management consulting, investment bank, or investment fund)
- Proven professional experience in an operational role in a fast-growing technology company
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Successful track record of negotiating commercial or investment deals
- Good acumen for technology and trends
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Out of the box thinker and strong motivation to learn
- Demonstrated ability to develop lasting working relationships across all levels, functions, and cultural environments
- Drive, resilience, and passion for whatever you tackle
- Good team player, with humble yet ambitious attitude
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Uncompromising integrity
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.