This role will report directly to the VP of Corporate Development and be based in Munich or London.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help shape the future of one of the fastest and most exciting companies in the world during the growth stage of its development. As part of the Corporate Development team, your mission is to work with senior management, the board of directors, and other key stakeholders such as start-ups, corporates, governments, and regulators to steer the company strategy, fundraising, and strategic partnerships globally.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work across a variety of strategic and operational challenges, as well as to develop strong relationships with some of the global leaders in the technology, finance, and mobility industries. Given the scope and exposure of the role, the position offers a very special professional growth opportunity within the Corporate Development team, but also across the company longer-term.
You will join a small, non-hierarchical, very dynamic, and international team and will be empowered to lead cross functional teams to get results.
This is a very demanding and high-paced role, so the candidate will be ready to work under pressure and within aggressive deadlines. The candidate must also be flexible to travel internationally frequently.
The successful candidate will bring strong leadership skills, outstanding analytical capabilities, great business judgment, excellent communications skills, and a genuine entrepreneurial attitude.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Take ownership for finding the most effective solutions to strategic issues across the company
- Work across functions to align strategy and teams
- Work with board of directors on most pressing issues
- Monitor competitors and help company stay ahead
- Provide a sounding board to senior management and challenge status quo
- Share best practices and suggest improvements to company processes
- Develop in-depth quantitative analysis and modelling
- Fundraising & Investor relations
- Build pipeline and manage relationships/reporting with Tier 1 investors globally
- Prepare board materials and follow-up
- Prepare company business plans
- Prepare investment and diligence materials
- Help with negotiations during fundraising rounds
- Develop and execute partnership strategy, i.e., lead screening, presentations, workshops, negotiations, and project management of partners
- Work closely with other functions (e.g., public affairs, infrastructure, airline operations, engineering, manufacturing, etc) to get results
- Help other functions screen and negotiate with potential commercial or technical partners
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- MBA from a top 10 business school a strong plus
- Extensive professional experience with a solid career progression
- Proven professional experience in a very analytical/strategic/financial role in a Tier 1 firm (e.g., management consulting, investment bank, or investment fund)
- Proven professional experience in an operational role in a fast-growing technology company
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Successful track record of negotiating commercial or investment deals
- Good acumen for technology and trends
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Out of the box thinker and strong motivation to learn
- Demonstrated ability to develop lasting working relationships across all levels, functions, and cultural environments
- Drive, resilience, and passion for whatever you tackle
- Good team player, with humble yet ambitious attitude
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Uncompromising integrity
Lilium GmbH is a Munich-based startup developing a revolutionary on-demand air mobility service. We have the vision to create a world where anyone can fly anywhere, anytime, and with a magical user experience.
This future will soon be a reality with the Lilium jet, the most advanced electric vertical take-off and landing jet (eVTOL) on the market. The Lilium jet is a breakthrough in aviation design and will deliver journeys that are four to five times faster than a taxi, yet at comparable price.
The Lilium service is addressing a Trillion-dollar market opportunity and has the potential to fundamentally change how people travel and commute day to day. At the same time, we will also transform transportation infrastructure globally by connecting communities seamlessly over the air at a fraction of the cost of conventional high-speed infrastructure.
Co-founded in 2015 by four visionary founders, the company has now more than 250 employees from 40 countries around the world, including a world-class management team with former senior leaders from Airbus, Audi, and Rolls Royce. The company is headquartered near Munich, Germany’s internationally renowned high-tech hub for mobility. Lilium is well capitalized, having raised more than €100M to date from well-known investors such as Atomico, Tencent, LGT, and Obvious Ventures.
How to apply:
Excited to join our team? Please apply through our website including a CV and a short letter of motivation.
Find more information on Lilium our website https://lilium.com/.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs