In this position, you will report directly into the VP Global Public & Regulatory Affairs and work closely with the company leadership across the organisation.
The role will head Regulatory Affairs for Lilium, representing the company at the various regulatory bodies such as the EASA, FAA but also at various national airspace regulators. The company is embarking on an entirely new concept, bringing air transportation into cities, thus change in the regulation from pilot licenses, autonomous flight to city airspace will be required to maximise the benefit for end users.
Our latest version of the Jet will be a 5-seater vertical take-off and landing jet with a CS-23 type rating and at first a pilot in the front. This means upon market launch, we can operate in regulated and controlled airspace. However, we anticipate a new world where flying in quiet vertical take off and landing jets becomes part our day to day reality in dense urban spaces.
This means engaging with regulators around the globe and leading our Regulatory Affairs efforts from central headquarters, as well as travel to the many potential locations around the world. You will be actively working on policy papers and shape the regulatory landscape for eVTOL jets.
Our vision is bold, it is new and will require global top talent to make it happen.
In developed countries, it will aid congested cities, rebalance urbanisation and make the dream of countryside living and city working a reality. Thanks to the low-cost infrastructure needs, it will also help governments significantly improve the infrastructure needed for the next century, for example, for a few hundred million dollars, California could create hundreds of thousands of kilometre high speed (300 km/h) transport links. In developing nations, our technology might be even more revolutionising by leapfrogging completely the building of high speed road and rail networks.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Work across the organization to develop our Regulatory approach and system
- Build and utilize relationships with EASA, FAA and other aviation regulators to work towards a progressive change in regulation
- Participate in various interest groups and represent Lilium’s interests in the newly created industry of low airspace (e.g., drones and other UAVs)
- Develop regulatory proposals and manage applications to various regulators
- Establish and maintain two-way communication with relevant official bodies and stakeholders
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Outstanding track record in world class companies in the field of Regulatory Affairs with 15 plus years of experience
- Top track record of effective regulatory changes
- Deep aviation regulation knowledge, ideally both from a manufacturer and airline perspective (the latter a strong preference)
- Strong academic credentials essential
- A legal background and/or proven understanding of aviation law is a strong plus
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs