In this position you will be reporting to a Senior CAD Designer and you will be working on various CAD related projects.
You are responsible for the design and optimisation of various aerospace components in 3D CAD. You will perform component design, layout, sizing, and performance analysis.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Creation of 3D parts and assemblies in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Derive 2D technical drawings appropriate for production and certification
- Work closely with Mechanical Systems/Development Engineers regarding the design and manufacturability of our products, contributing to producing an excellent design
- You may also collaborate with suppliers and vendors to provide technical direction on parts or other objects
- Maintain complete records of designs, and work within our PLM system to ensure proper configuration control of the parts for which you are responsible
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- Excellent academic record with a good engineering or product design degree (B.Eng / BSc / BA or equivalent) from a top university
- Some experience in CAD modelling and/or drawing creation in any package
- Professional experience in engineering or product design would be an advantage
- Ability to create and understand 2D representations of 3D parts and assemblies and vice versa
- Strong engineering knowledge and understanding of physics, materials and manufacturing
- Strong motivation to help the team and department to continuously improve
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs