In this position, you will be directly reporting to our Head of the Energy Storage team.
You will implement and maintain battery and energy management (BMS & EMS) models in SIL environments, based on provided model data.
You will also take a lead role in evolving algorithms and frameworks for energy management and their implementation into the flight management system by the flight control and software departments.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Implementation and maintenance of cell and battery models based on provided model data
- Development of battery and energy management concepts and functional software frameworks as SIL, incl. State of Charge, State of Health, State of Function algorithms
- Lead support of energy management framework integration into avionics and flight management system
- BMS & EMS requirements management
- Setup and maintenance of physical BMS & EMS tests
- Support of cell characterisation and tests
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- BSc, MSc, or equivalent degree in in electrical engineering or a related field required
- Minimum 3 year´s of professional experience in the battery management field
- Advanced knowledge of battery technology, Li-ion battery technology in particular
- Advanced knowledge of Li-ion battery management
- Experience in electrical cell and system numerical/analytical modelling and simulation
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink (Stateflow/Simscape is a plus)
- Experience in use of electrical and cell measurement equipment
- Programming skills are a plus (embedded SW understanding, scripting skills)
- Experience in data processing and analysis/visualisation is a plus
- Experience in electrical diagrams and harness design is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs