We are looking for an ambitious and experienced composites manufacturing engineer to apply Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into developing a state-of-the-art, automated and people-focused composites production.
This role will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering department which is tasked with realising the product design of the Lilium Jet into manufacturing & production. The Composite Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading the full component production span, ranging from the design to manufacture, and process and supplier selection, to the material supply and production of primary structural components.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive “Design for make” and “Design to Value” for the type certification standard
- Lead capability acquisition of new technologies, systems and factories for the production of primary structure components
- Support supplier selection, establishment of a supply chain and introduction of the product into the supply chain and domestic factories
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Specification and provision of new production machinery/equipment for Lilium plants
- Spearhead the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability
- Mechanical, Aeronautical, or Process Engineering degree or equivalent – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering role in a modern high-volume production environment for composite components
- Experience in composite design, development and manufacturing, including material, equipment/machinery, and process specification. Particular focus on design to manufacturing and value engineering with an excellent understanding of production finances
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Capable of extended cross-functional working, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions
- Lean skills - driving continuous improvements, ergonomics, HS&E and process capability
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs