Reporting to the VP of Production, your role will focus on the “end to end” production scope of our composite component manufacturing for the Lilium aircrafts from supply chain, domestic manufacture and testing. Most important you will ensure that we comply to all necessary quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
The “composite component manufacturing plant” will be one of Lilium’s domestic plants.
We are looking for an ambitious production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of a very modern, automated and people-focused composite component manufacturing site.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae in English
Your Day to Day:
- Introduce and establish a modern, lean and green composite component manufacturing plant, applying all the tools and systems that makes production safe, capable & agile
- Ensure material handling, manufacturing, testing and quality assurance of all major aircraft structure components (fuselage, wings, doors, landing gear) are always delivered to quality, on time and within budget
- Work towards “Design for Make” of the type certification standard. Establish pilot stations to prove rate capability, the definition and the build of a series composite component manufacturing and finally the operations of the plant from commissioning to production ramp up
- Create and lead an empowered plant organisation containing all required functions and roles like operations, manufacturing engineering, design support, supply chain management, facility and maintenance
- Recruit, support, train & mentor staff – leading an organisation of several hundred operators and up to 15 direct team leader/foremen reports
- Motivating, supporting and leading most critical production challenges across all levels with a people focus on shop floor
- Secure the plant delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Run ANDON to mitigate production constraints immediately from material supply to final assembly
- Degree in Mechanical engineering with the special education for composite design, materials and manufacturing with a min of 8 years of experience
- Min of 5 years of experience in a plant leadership role in a modern composite production environment of automotive or aircraft parts necessary
- Solid leaderships skills with experience in building large scale, world class teams required
- Knowledge of Self Directing Teams (SDT) desired
- Experience in applying modern technology & automation to drive quality, cycle time and cost (including robotic, 4.0, SCADA) with a great global network across the industry necessary
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo – applying value engineering, cost analysis and keen implementer with developing/deploying roadmaps for quality, cost, volume, etc.
- Strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Proven track record of defining and deploying new factories in a responsible position
- Proactive, driven, open, and direct communication style, ability to engage comfortably with all levels of the organisation and manufacturing staff with a high sense for urgency
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
- Fluent English required, German or any other language desired
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs