A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the VP of Production and work closely with our Composite Manufacturing team.
The Composite Manufacturing team is responsible for making the structures of the Lilium Jet a reality. From selecting production processes and implementing them to driving the ‘design to manufacture’ for our composite structure, you’ll play an integral part in preparing our business for production.
Your role will focus on the “end to end” production scope of our composite component manufacturing for the Lilium aircrafts from supply chain, domestic manufacture and testing. Most important you will ensure that we comply to all necessary quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100. The “composite component manufacturing plant” will be one of Lilium’s domestic plants.
We are looking for an ambitious production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of a very modern, automated and people-focused composite component manufacturing site.
Your Day to Day:
- Introduce and establish a modern, lean and green composite component manufacturing plant, applying all the tools and systems that makes production safe, capable & agile
- Ensure material handling, manufacturing, testing and quality assurance of all major aircraft structure components (fuselage, wings, doors, landing gear) are always delivered to quality, on time and within budget
- Work towards “Design for Make” of the type certification standard. Establish pilot stations to prove rate capability, the definition and the build of a series composite component manufacturing and finally the operations of the plant from commissioning to production ramp up
- Create and lead an empowered plant organisation containing all required functions and roles like operations, manufacturing engineering, design support, supply chain management, facility and maintenance
- Recruit, support, train & mentor staff – leading an organisation of several hundred operators and up to 15 direct team leader/foremen reports
- Motivating, supporting and leading most critical production challenges across all levels with a people focus on shop floor
- Secure the plant delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Run ANDON to mitigate production constraints immediately from material supply to final assembly
- Degree in Mechanical engineering with the special education for composite design, materials and manufacturing with a min of 8 years of experience
- Min of 5 years of experience in a plant leadership role in a modern composite production environment of automotive or aircraft parts necessary
- Solid leaderships skills with experience in building large scale, world class teams required
- Knowledge of Self Directing Teams (SDT) desired
- Experience in applying modern technology & automation to drive quality, cycle time and cost (including robotic, 4.0, SCADA) with a great global network across the industry necessary
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo – applying value engineering, cost analysis and keen implementer with developing/deploying roadmaps for quality, cost, volume, etc.
- Strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Proven track record of defining and deploying new factories in a responsible position
- Proactive, driven, open, and direct communication style, ability to engage comfortably with all levels of the organisation and manufacturing staff with a high sense for urgency
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
- Fluent English required, German or any other language desired
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.