About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to design and build lithium process equipment at pilot and commercial scales. This person will work closely with chemical engineers to optimize equipment and plant design. Responsibilities will include mechanical engineering and design of the equipment and system, including plant layout design. Some travel may be required. Initially, the projects are located in South America and the US. This is a full-time position.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Highly organized with sharp attention to numerical and scientific detail
- Excited to work on a small fast-paced startup team
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Participate in manhour estimation and engineering schedules for new projects
- Direct and manage other mechanical engineers, designers, and consultants where required
- Report progress on a weekly basis to the Project engineer/Manager on all mechanical engineering activities/deliverables.
- Develop project and equipment specifications, piping specifications, scope of work and deliverables
- Sizing of mechanical equipment, including pump sizing
- Mechanical engineering calculations
- Develop equipment lists and datasheets
- Develop plant layout arrangement drawings
- Review design drawings (squad checks)
- Participate in design review meetings and HAZOP studies
- Develop procurement packages (enquiry, adjudication, purchase Recommendations)
- Technical interface with any third-party companies for any queries, and to ensure clear interfaces between the third-party scope and other scope
- Participate actively in team environment and contribute to successful completion of team goals
- US work permit
- Experience in the chemical, petroleum or mineral industry sectors
- Experience with pilot design and commissioning
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k pre and post-tax options
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- Eight weeks paid parental leave