About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac is seeking an experienced Instrument and Electrical Technician to maintain chemical process equipment used for materials production.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and perform preventative maintenance on instrumentation, electrical, and automated controls equipment including electric motors, switchgear, and distribution equipment; flow, pressure, and level transmitters; control valves; programmable logic controllers; motor controllers; variable frequency drives; etc.
- Install and verify new systems or equipment according to vendor specifications and maintenance procedures using drawings, manuals, or blueprints.
- Recommend changes to existing systems or equipment to improve reliability, accuracy, or processes optimization.
- Perform or participate in structured process improvement, risk management and problem-solving processes such as RCAs, MOCs, and PHAs.
- Maintain clear and accurate equipment documentation.
- Collaborate effectively in a team-based manufacturing environment to achieve shift, department and company objectives for safety, environmental stewardship, quality, reliability, and employee engagement.
This is a full-time position based in Fernley, NV. Lilac’s Fernley operation is a new and growing facility, and this role includes an opportunity for career growth and advancement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. An Associate’s Degree or certification from an accredited Instrument or Electrical Technician program is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years as an industrial electrician, instrument technician, or controls technician.
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs, working in tight spaces and at heights, climbing stairs and ladders, frequent walking and standing.
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
- Excited to work on a small fast-paced startup team
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair multiple types of process measurement instrumentation.
- Expertise with 4-20 mA control circuits, reading ladder logic diagrams, and troubleshooting loops to the component or module level.
- Expertise reading electrical drawings and troubleshooting and maintaining distribution, switchgear, and motor controllers from 480VAC to 24VDC.
- $24-44/hour (commensurate on experience)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k (pre-tax and post-tax savings options)
- Stock options
- Daily catered lunch
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.