About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac is seeking a Process Engineer to design process equipment on ion exchange systems and other water & lithium processing technologies for lithium production at pilot and commercial scales. This person will work with other disciplines on conceptual design, detailed engineering, procurement, installation, commissioning, and operations of chemical processing equipment. This person may travel to commission plants in the USA and South America. This is a full-time position based in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Process design efforts on custom chemical processing equipment.
- Develop key design documents such as material balances, PFDs, P&IDs
- Take a key role in developing P&IDs and HAZOP reviews
- Develop process equipment deliverables such as line sizing, pressure relief valves sizing, mechanical equipment data sheets, and instrument process data sheets
- Provide preliminary cost estimates on projects
- Work with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical and controls engineering to ensure deliverables are technically accurate, within scope, and suitable for intended purposes
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of experience
- Experience with custom chemical equipment design, equipment commissioning and plant integration
- Experience with technical studies, FEED, and systems design experience including process mass balances, PFDs, and P&IDs, control narratives
- Experience with designing equipment with corrosive fluids
- Excited to work on a small fast-paced startup team
- Strong desire to learn, innovate, and implement creative solutions
- Well organized, with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in the chemical, petroleum or mineral industry sectors
- Proficient with process simulation software (e.g. SysCAD) preferred
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly phone stipend