About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are expanding our legal team with a Senior Corporate Attorney, South America. As a member of the South America legal team, the role will sit at the operational heart of delivering on our lithium extraction and energy sustainability vision.
The ideal candidate should possess solid experience in corporate law, contracts, M&A transactions, project finance and commercial matters in general. It is expected that the candidate has experience in cross-border matters and exposure to the different areas of the law. Ideally, the candidate should have experience in the mining or other natural resource industry.
We are a small, close-knit legal team dedicated to delivering high-quality projects through collaboration, communication, and constant improvement. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and is willing to assume a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, and who is motivated by the prospect of creating a legal team in the region from scratch. A passion for personal responsibility and setting high standards is essential to success
Location: This can be located in Salta, Argentina or remote based out of Bueno Aires, Argentina.
- Write, negotiate, and execute agreements, including, preliminary agreements, binding or not, confidentiality agreements, commercial contracts, acquisitions, joint ventures, among others
- Work and provide legal services to the different teams of the company that operate in the region in a wide range of commercial and business matters, as well as other fundamental aspects for the operation in the different jurisdictions of the region, with a focus in Argentina
- Support the coordination of the legal work related to permits and regulatory aspects
- Provide legal advice to, and interact with the corporate departments of the region including employment, financial and corporate
- Execute ad-hoc projects to improve the performance of the regional legal team and the company operation in South America in general
- Highly organized self starter with sharp attention to detail
- 4+ years of law firm experience in corporate law, M&A or related fields.
- Desirable experience with the mining or other natural resource industries
- JD equivalent and admitted to practice Law in Argentina or Chile
- LL.M. or related postgraduate study desirable
- Advanced English language skills
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance