About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac is seeking a Structural Engineer to design and build lithium process equipment at pilot and commercial scales. Responsibilities will include structural engineering and design of the equipment and system, including plant layout design. Responsible for a sound design and is expected to align with the key discipline engineers (mechanical, process, electrical) to consider any kind of limitation for the structural design. Furthermore, considerations on commercial boundary conditions such as weight and complexity of design are relevant. Some travel may be required. Initially, the projects are in South America and the US. This is a full-time position.
- Participate in man-hour estimation and engineering schedules for new projects
- Report progress on a weekly basis to the Project engineer on all engineering activities/deliverables
- Create structural models by using computer-aided design software
- Design structures within scope of work, including structural steel supporting equipment, piping, cabling etc. and if required, any buildings
- Responsible for execution of the structural design of all projects
- Ensures that all structural/civil contractual obligations are met based on the applicable standards
- Prepare calculation model based on applicable standards and client specification and prepare documents
- Interact with involved discipline engineers for the structural design to consider their boundary conditions within design
- Prepare input for design (drawings) for a structural sound design
- Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications
- Review and sign off on structural drawings and design
- Participate in design review meetings and HAZOP studies
- Collaborate with contractors and project managers
- Promote a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company’s operational activities
- 8+yrs experience working as a structural engineer
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Highly organized with sharp attention to numerical and scientific detail
- Participate actively in team environment and contribute to successful completion of team goals
- US work permit
- Salary range: $80K-$120K annually(commensurate with experience)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Daily catered lunch and On-site gym for Oakland Employees
- Monthly Phone Stipend
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.