Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction company unlocking brine resources to provide essential raw materials to the battery industry. Lilac’s unique ion exchange process eliminates the environmental impact of conventional lithium extraction while boosting production. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of engineers passionate about delivering innovations to the mining sector to minimize environmental impact and support the clean energy economy. Lilac is committed to diversity and inclusion.
We are expanding our Legal team with a Senior Corporate Paralegal & Legal Operations Manager who will play a critical role in our company’s growth. The ideal candidate will possess strong law firm and in-house experience in corporate matters, including legal entity management, corporate governance, board consents and communications, NDA review, and document organization.
You will execute on a variety of corporate matters in partnership with our Legal Operations Manager, Commercial Counsel, and Deputy General Counsel. You will also leverage your technical systems knowledge and general operations experience to implement new technology solutions, scale the Legal team, and partner with leaders, managers, and teammates across organizational boundaries and functions. This position will enjoy a high degree of autonomy and will be trusted to create new processes, spot and address process gaps, and drive efficiency.
The successful candidate will be ready to navigate a growth-oriented, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment. This person will be comfortable juggling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and must be a strong writer and communicator at senior levels of the organization. A passion for personal accountability and setting high standards is essential for success.
- Own the corporate secretary function, including managing corporate governance documents, sending board communications, creating and maintaining the board meeting calendar, etc.
- Manage domestic and foreign legal entity formation, registration, qualification, and related filings with a vendor of your choosing (e.g., CT Corp. or CSC) and our outside counsel.
- Manage the NDA lifecycle, including sending our form, processing edits, and obtaining signatures.
- Select, implement, and manage all technology systems for Legal, including an e-billing system for law firm invoices of your choosing.
- When needed, process certain high volume agreements including NDAs, services agreements, independent contractor agreements, and licenses as the only legal review.
- Create and maintain the legal entity organizational chart.
- Draft and distribute board consents with outside counsel.
- Organize and maintain corporate, commercial, and regulatory records.
- Help manage the Company’s global patent and IP portfolio and support registration matters.
- Partner with our Finance & Accounting teams on budget, legal expense management, intercompany & other legal activities that impact the financial records of the company.
- Support transactional closings, including preparing closing checklists, drafting closing documents, preparing and tracking internal approvals.
- Create and roll-out Legal’s intranet page.
- Serve as a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization and organization, and build scalable solutions.
- Spearhead ad-hoc projects to further improve the performance of the Legal team and overall company.
- And other activities, duties, or responsibilities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a related field
- At least 5 years of legal experience as a corporate paralegal and legal operations manager, including
- At least 3 years’ experience in-house; and
- At least 2 years’ experience at a large law firm with significant corporate and transactional experience.
- Ambition to embrace the challenges of a young company and hyper-growth environment.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Significant in-house experience working for, or law firm experience working for clients in, the energy, manufacturing, infrastructure, technology, or related sectors.
- Experience with Legal Tracker or other law firm billing software.
- Experience with SEC filings, including preparing and submitting Section 16 filings.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Experience with Carta or other equity management software.
- Experience with Box.
- Experience with Oracle’s Netsuite platform.
- Willingness to travel to Oakland, Ca for meetings, projects, etc
- Salary range: $90K-$135K annually (based on experience)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Daily catered lunch
- Monthly phone stipend
- 401k program
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.