Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction company unlocking brine resources to provide essential raw materials to the battery industry. Lilac’s unique ion exchange process eliminates the environmental impact of conventional lithium extraction while boosting production. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of engineers passionate about delivering innovations to the mining sector to minimize environmental impact and support the clean energy economy. Lilac is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Lilac is seeking a Controls and Instrumentation Engineer to assist with operating our lithium processing facilities at project sites in South America. Responsibilities will include designing, developing, and installing control panels used to monitor and control the engineering processes as well as installing, managing, and maintaining the equipment. This individual will need to be open to extensive travel in South America on a rotational basis. A strong candidate may well have worked in field-based roles for oil and gas, chemical process facilities or mining operations. Subsidy will be provided during field operations and any time spent in Oakland pre-deployment. This is a full-time position.
- Design and integrate control systems through construction of control panels and field wiring
- Test, maintain, and modify existing control systems
- Troubleshoot hardware and operational issues
- Install and maintain equipment and machinery
- Manage projects within cost and time constrained environments
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operations engineer, operators, and technicians
- Understand and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety standards
- Generate electrical schematics for control systems
- Program PLC controllers to automate systems
- Generate control schemes alongside process engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Familiarity with process controls, distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Familiarity with ladder logic or other IEC-61131-3 languages
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical schematics
- Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical, Siemens Controllers, Microsoft Office Suite
- Excited to work on a small, fast-paced startup team
- Salary range: $90K-$125K
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly phone stipend
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.