Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction company unlocking brine resources to provide essential raw materials to the battery industry. Lilac’s unique ion exchange process eliminates the environmental impact of conventional lithium extraction while boosting production. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of engineers passionate about delivering innovations to the mining sector to minimize environmental impact and support the clean energy economy. Lilac is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Lilac is seeking a Project Controls Manager to assist with the deployment and ongoing operations of our lithium processing facilities in the field. Responsibilities will include all aspects of project controls on projects, including Cost Control, Budgets, Earned Value Management, Scheduling, Planning, Forecasting, Reporting Progress and Performance. This may also include leading individuals that are focused on some of these aspects. Some travel may be required in South America and the US. This is a full-time position based in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Provide support in managing project budget and cost control functions including budgeting, project cost management, scheduling, tracking progress, forecasting, and earned value management
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures
- Provide support to detailed schedule development based on project understanding from team members
- Thorough understanding of project accounting and accrual collection
- Establish project budget, baselines and report variances
- Prepare plan and actual forecast curves
- Provide support to track project progress and perform analysis of bottlenecks, trends and critical path
- Identify and communicate project risks and develop mitigation plans
- Prepare project status presentations, highlighting key accomplishments, risks and changes
- Develop custom project reports as needed to facilitate project discussions
- Provide support as required by the project manager(s) (including field project coordination)
- Work with project manager and project engineer to track project deliverables & monitor percent complete
- Participate actively in team environment and contribute to successful completion of team goals
- Four-year relevant Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years or more of relevant Cost Control, Planning & Scheduling experience including experience in managing others; OR ten (10) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with scheduling software packages
- Experience setting up and monitoring complex project schedules
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable leading internal and external project meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites
- US work permit
- Salary range: $100K-$140K (commensurate with experience)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly phone stipend
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.