Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction company unlocking brine resources to provide essential raw materials to the battery industry. Lilac’s unique ion exchange process eliminates the environmental impact of conventional lithium extraction while boosting production. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of engineers passionate about delivering innovations to the mining sector to minimize environmental impact and support the clean energy economy. Lilac is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Lilac is seeking a process designer to develop process drawings on ion exchange systems and other water & lithium processing technologies for lithium production at pilot and commercial scales. This person will apply standard theoretical and broad practical knowledge to develop PFDs and P&IDs to accepted standards. Project work will span conceptual design, different study phases, and basic and detail engineering phases during the implementation phase of the projects. Some travel may be required. This is a full-time position in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Prepare moderately difficult designs for segments of assigned projects
- Prepare PFD and P&ID drawings in compliance with process and client requirements
- Prepare and monitor standards for the development of PFDs and P&IDs as well as workflow instructions
- Work with remote offices when required to ensure that drawings are consistent in nature
- Report project progress on a weekly basis
- Participate in engineering team squad checks when required (review of various design drawings)
- Participate actively in team environment and contribute to successful completion of team goals
- Vocational technical training in basic drafting technology and drafting experience; or an Associate’s Degree (A.A.) in Engineering Technology or equivalent from two-year college or technical school plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ yrs drafting experience
- Good knowledge of basic AutoCAD applications
- Ability to move from design concept to finished design, with minimal instruction
- Well organized, with the ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- US work permit
- Experience in mineral processing or chemical industries projects
- Experience with Plant3D P&ID is a plus
- Salary range: $60K-$130K (commensurate with experience)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k with pre- and post-tax investing options
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly phone stipend
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.