At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, and rely upon today’s powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
As we add new capabilities and scale out our technology, Lightstep is looking to grow our creative, curious, low-ego engineering team! You’ll be joining us in San Francisco and working on a sophisticated distributed system that collects, manages, analyses, and presents high-fidelity data from our customers’ applications.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You've managed a growing engineering team (for example, guiding project management and career development).
- You're motivated by the success of your team and are excited to support the engineers on your team.
- You have a track record of delivering great software on a predictable schedule.
- You’re motivated by both open-ended challenges and practical it-just-needs-to-get-done projects: whatever has the most impact.
- You’re eager to learn from your team and peers, and you have something to teach them as well.
Bonus points if…
- You've recruited and shepherded engineering candidates through the interview process.
- You’ve worked on (or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale distributed systems and microservice-based architectures.
- You’ve got a background in (or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale system performance or security.
- You have experience outside of engineering: marketing, sales, design, etc.
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.