At LightStep, we’re building a transformative new product for tracking and understanding application behavior and performance. We help our users solve production-system problems with detailed, high-fidelity, real-time insights derived from massive volumes of incoming distributed systems data.
You’ll play a pivotal role in shaping our development cycle and product reliability, while working closely with our other engineers. We're looking for someone excited to join a growing team that writes efficient, maintainable code for a standout product used every day by engineers at Lyft, Twilio, and more.
Read more about our philosophy on SRE and DevOps here.
You’d be a great addition if…
- You enjoy digging deep into fundamentally challenging CS and engineering problems.
- You’re motivated by high-impact projects, whether they’re open-ended questions or immediate practical needs.
- You’re eager to learn from your teammates and teach them as well.
- You may have a particular area of expertise, but are still excited to explore new areas (and want to work with a team that encourages you to do so).
Bonus points if…
- You’ve worked on (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale distributed systems and microservice-based architectures.
- You’ve got a background in (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale system performance and/or security.
- You've held a tech lead position in the past and enjoy coordinating with others to ensure complex engineering projects are done well.
- You have experience outside of engineering: marketing, sales, design, etc.
- You contribute to open source projects and/or do community-building work.