At LightStep, we’re building a transformative new product for tracking and understanding application behavior and performance. As we add new capabilities and scale out our technology, we need to grow our creative, curious, low-ego engineering team! You’ll be joining us in San Francisco and working on a sophisticated distributed system that collects, manages, analyses, and presents high-fidelity data from our customers’ applications.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You’re excited to be part of the core group that sets the quality standard for time to come.
- You enjoy digging deep into fundamentally hard CS and engineering problems.
- You’re motivated by both open-ended challenges and practical it-just-needs-to-get-done code: whatever has the most impact.
- You’re eager to learn from your teammates and have something to teach them as well.
- You may have a particular area of expertise, but think of yourself as a generalist who likes to challenge yourself in new areas (and wants to work with a team that encourages you to do so).
Bonus points if…
- You’ve worked on (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale distributed systems and microservice-based architectures.
- You’ve got a background in (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale system performance and/or security.
- You have experience outside of engineering: marketing, sales, design, etc.
- You contribute to open source projects and/or do community-building work.