Lightstep enables teams to detect and resolve regressions quickly, regardless of system scale or complexity. We integrate seamlessly into daily workflows, whether you are proactively optimizing performance or investigating a root cause so you can quickly get back to building features. We continue to grow our talented, low-ego, team! We believe that we should always align our actions toward a common purpose, that trust is paramount and must be cultivated, that the most valuable team members multiply rather than add, and that we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously (except when we’re writing way-too-long sentences about our values). We believe that assembling and retaining an inclusive and diverse team is the best way to grow a successful company.
We created Lightstep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), Lightstep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
As a Product Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role synthesizing engineering, user, and design in the quest to make software everywhere more reliable. We care deeply about building long term careers and offer opportunities for Product Managers to grow towards more strategic leadership or other roles in our developing business, such as product marketing or customer success. In addition, we highly encourage our product managers who give talks at conferences and organize local events.
As a Product Manager at Lightstep, you will…
- Manage a project through a life-cycle of discovery, execution, launch, and iteration
- Build a deep understanding of customers’ problems
- Collaborate with the rest of the Product team to build a roadmap and align priorities
- Work with Engineering and Design to brainstorm and execute on solutions
- Work with Marketing and Customer Success to manage product launches
- Use quantitative approaches to track the success of your projects and identify areas for improvement
We think you’d love it here if you…
- Are driven by the business impact of your work and building products customers love
- Are excited to work directly with customers to understand their needs
- Enjoy turning complex customer needs into pragmatic product solutions
- Thrive with a fast, iterative product development cycle
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success
Lightstep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.