As a Partner Engineer, your job will be to ensure LightStep integrates seamlessly into a developer ecosystem that’s filled with many exciting, complementary products and tools. You’ll talk to partners and customers to understand common developer use cases across products, become a technical expert on how to utilize LightStep’s SDK and APIs to complement those products in the distributed systems world, and ensure that through your work the LightStep user is happier and more successful. You’ll be part of an exciting new team within LightStep and your work will become the backbone of the LightStep Technology Partnership Program.
You’d be a great addition if…
- You’re excited about developer workflows and use cases in modern distributed systems from deployments to on-call to security — and how to make them better!
- You’ve had some experience in customer-facing roles that show strong understanding and prioritization of customer needs (whether it’s Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Product Management, or another customer-centric role)
- You enjoy writing code to directly solve customer problems
- You’ve worked with platform and product APIs before and can speak to what you accomplished
- You’re passionate about developing your soft skills as much as your technical skills
- You see yourself as the get-stuff-done type and are excited to be part of a new program within the context of an exciting startup
- You’re reliable, trustworthy, but also not afraid to make small mistakes as you work to build something great
- You care about the success of your teammates and are energized by opportunities to amplify the work of those around you
Bonus points if...
- You have prior experience with logging, metrics, or distributed tracing technologies / products
- You can speak to the real world examples of integrations, add-ons, or plug-ins you’ve built using third-party APIs or SDKs
- You have worked within the context of a full end-to-end DevOps workflow before and know the complex software development challenges there
- You thrive in a hybrid role that requires a host of cross-disciplinary skills
Your first couple months might include...
- Joining calls or going on-site with customers and prospects to understand their uses case and how they want their products to work together
- Collaborating with Customer Success and Sales teams on common requests that could help LightStep fit more naturally into the distributed system ecosystem
- Speaking to potential partners to find opportunities to amplify the value of both products
- Using SDKs and APIs to create integrations that deliver on meaningful problems for customers
- Meeting with people across LightStep departments to ensure the integrations we write tell a strong marketing story, increase the value of the product, and deliver value our sales team will be thrilled to tell prospects about
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.