At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, and rely upon today’s powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
We are growing fast and now require a talented, curious, low-ego, challenger sales team in Chicago!
You’d be a great fit if…
- You’re excited to be part of the core group that acquires new enterprise customers.
- You enjoy building relationships with lead developers and tech executives.
- You’re self-motivated to drive an enterprise sales cycle from prospecting to closure.
- You’re eager to learn from your teammates and have something to teach them as well.
- You are committed to every customer having the an incredibly positive experience.
- You’ve sold technology to technical staff at publicly traded and late stage private companies.
- You have 8 years of industry background with at least five of those in enterprise SaaS/software.
Bonus points if…
- You’ve sold (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale distributed systems and microservice-based architectures
- You have sold to users of application performance management software and monitoring tools.
- You have a background in (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) engineering.
- You participate in open source projects and/or do community-building work.
- You have experience outside of sales: marketing, engineering, design, etc.
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.