LightStep is looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join our small but mighty People team as we focus on supporting our quickly growing company. The right person for this role is humble but confident, possesses smart people instincts, excellent communication skills and a high level of attention to detail, as well as the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities. You are empathetic and committed to maintaining a high degree of personal integrity and confidentiality.
What you can expect to be doing (keeping in mind that this role will evolve with our growth):
The People Operations Coordinator will be owning the day-to-day administration relating to various employee relations needs including employee onboarding activities, benefits and payroll administration and a wide variety of other events and activities that support caring for our people and honoring our LightStep values.
You’d be a great addition if...
- You are a skilled communicator; you proactively and positively communicate with your peers.
- You are comfortable both autonomy and ambiguity; you stay calm and poised under pressure.
- You have experience working with third-party payroll providers and benefits brokers, and have a sound working knowledge of both.
- You can context switch with ease and don’t shy away from the day-to-day “on the ground” work or the more strategic work.
- You take a “customer service” focused approach to working with people.
- You are committed to your own development and demonstrate growth mindset.
- You have 3+ years relevant experience in a HR/People role with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience building out new hire onboarding programs
- You have lead the launched new benefit programs including partnering with various vendors and/or PEOs ie SequoiaOne, Namely, etc.
- You heart keeping companies safe and compliant with the latest labor laws