At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, and rely upon today’s powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
LightStep is growing our talented, low-ego, gritty sales team! You’ll be driving customer acquisition and positioning our solutions for customers who are running complex distributed environments and microservices. We’re hiring our first strategic Sales Development Representatives who will drive our cadence from both inbound and outbound sources. This person will report directly to our VP of Worldwide Sales and play a critical role in our Sales Department.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate LightStep’s value to technical stakeholders.
- Leverage SalesForce, Discovery.org, and Outreach to identify high potential prospects who can benefit from Lightstep’s solution.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, and Outside Sales teams to develop, test and iterate messaging across multiple industries and personas
- Prioritize different lead sources and prospecting priorities for efficient and effective prospecting.
You’d be a great fit if….
- You have 5+ years of work experience in inbound or outbound SDR at a technology company.
- You have consistently been a top performer in prior roles.
- You have experience working with a technical product or possess the aptitude to quickly learn.
- You have the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects / deals at the same time.
- You have experience working with developers, decision makers, and C-level executives within an organization.
- You thrive in ambiguity and are able to create process from chaos.
Bonus Points if…..
- You’ve sold (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale distributed systems and microservice-based architectures
- You participate in open source projects and/or do community-building work
- You have experience defining the SDR practice or have been a company's first SDR
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.