At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, and rely upon today’s powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
As part of our San Francisco-based team, you’ll help drive our product to further innovate as well as to make it easier to use for a broader audience of users. You’ll play a key part in communicating and coordinating the LightStep team around the ways to deliver the highest value to our users through our product.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You’re driven by the external impact of your work and seeing customers succeed
- You like working within a fast, iterative product development cycle
- You’re excited to work directly with customers to understand their needs
- You’re enjoy rallying people around exciting ideas
Bonus points if…
- You have prior experience working on infrastructure, analytics, or metrics products
- You have prior experience or have dabbled in software engineering
- You have prior experience with enterprise software
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.