At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, and rely upon today’s powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
LightStep is looking for a Product Designer to collaborate across teams to shape ideas into beautiful, effective ways to translate complex noise into actionable insight. As an early employee of our Design team, you’ll play an integral role as LightStep grows: from making our product the top of its market to establishing a company culture grounded in design thinking.
You’d be a great addition if…
- You have excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills, and the ability to explain successes and learnings
- You have experience collaborating across departments, including bringing design thinking outside of your group
- You posses deep empathy for customers
- You are biased toward growth and excitement to learn
- You have experience overseeing design and shipping features
- You apply user-centered design to deliver an excellent experience across web app, email, notifications, APIs, etc.
- You have worked in a startup environment or are self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity
- You can think at all levels, from information architecture, to UX, to beautiful pixels and interactions
- You have the ability to work on-site in our San Francisco office
- You have experience prototyping (code, InVision, Marvel, Framer, etc.)
Bonus points if…
- You have domain experience (data, monitoring, analytics)
- You have SaaS experience
- You have HTML and CSS knowledge. Experience with React would blow our minds
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.