At Lightspeed, we are building an ecosystem of applications that enables merchants to manage, operate, and grow their businesses. You, as a Principal Software Developer, will strongly participate in the design, development, and operationalization of that ecosystem.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will believe in you and give you creative freedom to allow you to do the best work of your life. Sounds familiar? Perfect! We’ve got what it takes to keep you feeling challenged and empowered.
- Act as a global influencer of development best practices at Lightspeed
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Design & architect software for a wide range of services and systems in a large SaaS environment
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Actively provide constructive feedback to other developers through code review
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading multiple teams in a global environment
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable applications on the cloud
- Strong knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and\or Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of API gateway\management technology
- Strong knowledge of microservices operationalization
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of databases (e.g.SQL, NoSQL)
- Solid understanding of agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and architecture
- Experience with test driven development practice
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!