Lightspeed is the go-to platform for retail and hospitality businesses.
Lightspeed are retail and food service technology experts that work with people who love to produce, sell and consume food – so they can connect better, work faster and smarter, and keep growing.
Our product suite has grown immensely in the past 24 months, led by our premium hospitality analytics and inventory management products, which now provide powerful, accessible, technology to thousands of great Australian businesses. Off the back of successful go-to-market phases, we now have a fantastic opportunity to accelerate the growth of these products, and expansion into new regional markets, through innovative product development.
We’re looking for someone who’s both analytical and empathetic, and who can leverage these skills to think like our customers and then design smart, effective solutions to their problems. You’re also commercially minded, and bring this perspective to the table when assessing the viability of each new product initiative.
You’re a great leader and communicator with top organisation skills, and have plenty of experience working closely with both technical, and non-technical people.
If you’re self motivated, enjoy sinking your teeth into a wide variety of challenges and get excited by the prospect of working with a talented crew who are doing things a little differently, then chances are you’ll love working at Lightspeed.
- Is passionate about designing and developing creative solutions for our users in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrates a strong technical sense across the big picture right down to the design details
- Wants everyone to learn and share knowledge with others to improve our craft
- Continuously strives to build a culture that is a joy to work in and with
What you’ll do:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define the product roadmap for your squad/s and own the delivery of your squad roadmap/s
- Manage stakeholder expectations around product and feature delivery, and keep all internal teams informed about upcoming product or feature launches
- Ensure cross-squad projects and dependencies are well identified and managed
- Ensure the customer is always represented in your decision making process - through coordinating and summarising quantitative and qualitative research
- Ensure the business is always represented in your decision making process - by assessing the commercial viability of each new feature or integration opportunity
- Identify opportunities to optimise the product development process within your squad/s
- Work with the Leadership team on pricing strategies for new products, features and integrations
- Set clear, measurable goals for product initiatives and then track, report on and communicate performance against set goals
- Keep Product, Design, and Engineering aligned to your Squad / Product’s goals, well versed in the customer pain points or opportunities they are solving for, involved in the solution design process and motivated to continually deliver quality and value
- Work with Product Marketing, Sales and Account Management to drive adoption of your products and features among new and existing customer segments to achieve profitability for Kounta
Who you are:
- You’ve got 2+ years experience in Product Management, with a demonstrated record of success
- Ideally you’ve worked extensively in Saas and B2B software development
- Plenty of experience applying Agile methodologies
- You’re well versed in influencing others
- You’re capable of developing strategy, but also a very strong executor - who can motivate people to get things done
- Passion for data and analytics, using data to make decisions and growing the data literacy of the team
- Outstanding organisation and communication skills
- You foster teamwork and collaboration
- You don’t feel out of your depth in high level technical discussions, and understand how things fit together
- You’re keen to actively contribute to and grow our amazing company culture
- Bonus points for experience with data and analytics
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Flexible working arrangements
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Gelato Messina fridge stocked with new flavours on a regular basis
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByLightspeed
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW, Australia
Lightspeed hires the best and brightest. You’ll be joining a team who love creating unique experiences for our partners and customers.
To all recruitment agencies:
Lightspeed does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Lightspeed employees or any other company location. Lightspeed is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!