As a key member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house Marketing Content team, you will be the voice of Lightspeed for the hospitality industry, supporting initiatives that expand our reach into new and existing markets. As the Content Specialist for our Hospitality division, you’ll be our go-to expert on Lightspeed’s suite of restaurant software solutions and support the global Content Manager on product launches, campaign execution and editorial planning, delivering content for a range of projects on multiple channels. Your work will have a direct impact on positioning Lightspeed as the leading omnichannel commerce platform for the hotel and restaurant industries.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Delivering highly polished, creative and impactful copy that supports the go-to-market strategy and launch of new products and product updates
- Managing the restaurant and hotel content calendar (blogs, webinars, customer stories, etc.) to support marketing and PR needs
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of our key products, customers and business types
- Writing and managing content on our website, ensuring it follows style and UX guidelines and making recommendations for improvements
- Optimizing content performance with guidance from acquisitions and marketing leads
- Staying up to date on North American hospitality industry news and trends
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2-3 years of experience in SAAS marketing, copywriting or journalism
- Bachelor’s degree in language, literature, marketing or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of content marketing and restaurant industry trends
- Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, from sales to product to support
- Ability to take complex concepts and explain them simply and briefly
- Strong empathy for users and a passion for creating technical content that connects
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills—equal parts creative and data-driven
- Outstanding writing skills and crazy attention to detail
- Ability to poke holes in copy—including your own—and iterate quickly
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience and contacts in the hospitality industry
- Experience managing an editorial calendar
- Technical writing and/or journalism experience
- Intermediate to advanced SEO and web analytics knowledge
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!