Lightspeed is seeking a Sales Development Representative to join our team. Reporting to the Sales Development Manager, you will be the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. Our SDRs are responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the Lightspeed sales team. If you’re looking to grow your sales career, then this is the position for you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Drive new business growth through qualifying warm inbound leads from marketing generated sources (webinars, trials, quote/demo requests) primarily through telephone and email communication;
- Nurture all inbound leads through to qualification for Lightspeed’s inside sales team;
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience;
- Identify customer needs to determine if Lightspeed solutions would be a good fit;
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time;
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce, to ensure all communications are logged and identified;
- Work with the Sales Development Manager to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals;
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 1+ year of sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment;
- Strong desire to be in technology sales, and a strong technical aptitude;
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication;
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets;
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, dynamic and quota-driven environment;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Strong critical thinking skills.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Salesforce.com;
- Fluency in other languages;
- Retail/Hospitality experience;
- Bachelor’s degree.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!