As a part of Lightspeed’s Retail product group, you will be contributing to initiatives that will expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our omnichannel commerce platform. Your work will also have a direct impact on supporting new and existing customers on their quest to enter the cloud era. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will contribute to omnichannel products by building new features and creative workflows.
- Report to the Development Manager you will be leading, mentoring and growing a cross-functional development team
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Extensive experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Knowledge of modern cloud infrastructures and tools
- Experience developing microservices
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Proficient with programming languages such as Go, PHP and Python
- Experience with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Good approach to testing quality of code
- Strong understanding of continuous delivery model
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- Ability to deploy and maintain software in a production environment
- Experience with Payment processing, Point of Sale (POS) and/or eCommerce
Who you are
- You have strong people skills and love to teach and mentor others
Who we are
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD).
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.