As part of the Legal department, you will help manage and scale a world class global equity program. You will be the first member of the equity team, and will be instrumental in defining equity management processes and workflows.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Develop and support an incredible participant experience including addressing participant inquiries, creating and managing educational materials, offering equity presentations and maintaining our internal equity FAQ
- Create and implement efficient and scalable processes, system automation and integrations for equity administration, reporting, global tax compliance and mobility
- Own the integrity and accuracy of equity data including the capitalization table
- Process all activity including grants, exercises, and share issuances
- Maintain accurate participant data, terminations, and track employee mobility, flagging tax implications, and other items as required
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements across multiple jurisdictions
- Process option exercises and share-based award settlements in compliance with current regulations
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual activity reconciliations, respecting regulatory deadlines
- Prepare equity summary for board meetings to include new grants for new hires, refresh and promotions
- Create grant files and set up grant documents and acceptance process for new hires, promotions and ongoing grants
- Manage the day-to-day activities related to equity administration in Shareworks
- Serve as liaison between Lightspeed and third party vendor partners on all equity-related issues including exercises, Insider trades, data transmission errors, and daily inquiries
- Audit and manage user permissions, roles and sharing rules
- Collaborate with Finance and Payroll on all global tax and corporate reporting obligations; ensure they are met on time
- Support the financial reporting team with their monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, ensuring that the expensing data is provided in both an accurate and timely manner
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Post-Secondary Education
- 5+ years of equity experience
- Advanced Excel, Word, presentation software skills
- Ability to pivot between equity administration, participant equity education, global equity compliance and equity taxation
- Extensive Shareworks experience
- Familiarity with global compliance and tax
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- CEP designation
- Experience scaling equity at a fast growing company
- Experience administering European equity plans
- Experience with the expensing and financial reporting of share awards
- Experience in valuing different types of share awards
Who you are
- You are a self-starter; able to work independently
- You demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- You provide strong customer service, commitment to accuracy, and high-quality work.
- You’re a team player who is ready to roll up your sleeves and do the job right.
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy and flexible work culture
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD).
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!