This isn’t a marketing or social media position. This role is distinctly focused on the crafting of user experience content to improve the usability of our products. Enjoy debating about things like whether “Save” or “Submit” is the right label for a button? Then this might be the role for you.
As a Product Content Strategist, you will help drive the voice of our products forward. As part of the Product Content & Localization team (in the Product & Technology group), you’ll work closely with other product content strategists, technical writers, and product designers to help shape the flow of our communication with users.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating closely with the Product Content team to execute content tasks and projects including interface copywriting, content strategy, in-product messaging and other customer-facing content.
- Actively contributing to ongoing content strategy initiatives including content style guides, voice & tone guides and content templates.
- Contributing to the evolution of our products’ voice.
- Analyzing data to measure success and impact of content projects.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Extensive experience writing and structuring content to meet the needs of a designated audience.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and workflows into clear, concise and consistent in-product content.
- Proven capacity to work autonomously on multiple projects and self-manage priorities.
- Strong willingness to work in a demanding, fast-paced tech environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on independent research and problem solving.
- Interest in learning more about the following areas: user experience, product design process and basic webpage coding (HTML & CSS).
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or other equivalent field.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Specifically product-focused content strategy or UX experience.
- Experience working with restaurant, retail and/or ecommerce oriented software.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to influence the future of the emerging Product Content Strategy practice at Lightspeed.
- A growing team also means great professional growth opportunities.
- Lots of autonomy and flexibility all while being part of a tight-knit, supportive team.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!