Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer who will quickly become a key member of our Golf Product team. The job will involve working closely with the product lead and other developers. You'll play a major role in the development of our core application as we add new features and grow our customer base. Upon joining the company, you will be expected to contribute to design decisions and produce simple and elegant code. We work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- You are proficient with Ruby core language features and functionality
- You can jump into Ruby on Rails code, understand it, and improve it
- You care about the overall user experience of the application and strive to constantly improve it
- You can validate overall application design, conduct design, unit/integration testing, and code reviews
- You have a collaborative work ethic and the ability to work within a self-organized, cross-functional team
- Strong computer science knowledge
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Keen interest in product development
- Ruby on Rails
- Previous experience with CircleCI or other continuous integration tools is a plus
- Working knowledge of test driven development preferably with experience in rspec
- Experience with Heroku
- Building and interfacing with REST APIs
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum
- Playing Golf
- Ability to win at foosball
- Appreciation for GIFs, Memes, and Emoticons
What’s in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!