Lightspeed is looking for a full-time M&A Marketing Specialist to support its go-to-market strategy and projects. Reporting to the Director of Marketing you will be responsible for building the strategy, planning, scheduling, monitoring and executing global go-to-market initiatives for a new company acquisitions.
You will be expected to work with project stakeholders across departments (both internal and external) and channels to determine & clearly outline the marketing, communications, and systems integration plan for ongoing Lightspeed company acquisitions to ensure a thoughtful brand transition. You will ensure that all tasks on a project are completed on time, delivered in coordination, and that stakeholders are kept up to date of project status, key decisions and final outcomes.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Marketing project ownership
- Review and Develop the marketing M&A blueprint pre-acquisition.
- Review and develop the Marketing M&A blueprint for sunseting brands, building our brand in new markets and transitioning all marketing assets and systems under Lightspeed’s guidelines.
- Review & develop the go-to-market strategy around new company acquisitions, product and feature launches in line with Lightspeed’s broader communications strategy
- Gather metrics & insights to evaluate brand sunset efforts and overall transition of projects
- Develop a guide for the marketing component of Lightspeed company acquisitions that considers resources & tools to aid future acquisitions (e.g. brand guidelines, marketing process guides, FAQs)
- Support initiatives to build regional market insights as Lightspeed expands its product portfolio in new regions
- Work with marketing peers to implement strong go to market plans for Lightspeed in new markets
Documentation and “Project management”
- Work closely with internal marketing departments to document and maintain all internal marketing processes, workflows and definitions (This will be used to share with colleagues from companies that we acquire).
- Work closely with Director or Marketing and VP to gather all insights to inform decision making on acquiring a company.
- In event of M&A, work closely with all internal marketing stakeholders to plan and build out detailed timelines and project plans for:
- Systems, data and reporting transition
- Website transition
- Brand sunset
- Go to market plan
- Paid and acquisitions tool transition
- Budget transition
- Be proactive and identify problems that may arise within projects and propose solutions
- 2-3 years experience in Marketing
- Ability to understanding and own all project deliverables required
- Have a thorough understanding of the channels a business must consider in systems & brand integration
- Have a thorough understanding of project planning, production / go live processes
- Flexible in responding to changes in business priorities; proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Proven ability to interface with all levels of management
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!